The Falcon Club was founded in Charlottesville, Virginia in 1950 by a small group of men who felt a need to provide a united means for recognizing, promoting and assisting local youth involved in sports. FALCON is an acronym for From A Little Comes Others Needs.
Those who founded the Club knew they could not provide all the needs of local youth athletic programs, but through the years, as a result of a unified effort of our members, we have conducted a concerted effort to make a little difference in the lives of young athletes through financial and personal contributions.
The purpose of the Falcon Club is to serve the needs of young men and women participating in youth and high school athletic programs.
Specifically, our objectives are to:
- Provide assistance to various local athletic teams in the form of monetary and/or personal services;
- Recognize the achievements and commitment of young athletes in the form of awards, commendations, and public acknowledgement;
- Unite and bring together for fellowship members who are committed to the betterment of the youth of Central Virginia;
- Accept the responsibility in constructive public service to our community by supporting the members and offices of the Club for local positions and offices;
- Provide a forum and point of contact for local youth athletic programs in need.
Membership to the FALCON Club is open to all local individuals who share our commitment to the local community, will attend meetings regularly, and will endeavor to unite in achieving our mission and objectives.
Meetings are held the first Wednesday of each month. The benefits that you as a member derive as a result of donating your time, energy, and annual dues accrue to hundreds of Charlottesville/Albemarle athletes, schools, and coaches.
Prospective members must be sponsored by a current member and voted on by those attending one of our regularly scheduled meetings. Individuals interested in seeking more information about membership should contact a current FALCON Club member or contact Vice President Ron White at firstname.lastname@example.org,
Dues are $50.00 per year, billed annually beginning in March. The dues for members who join at other times of the year will be pro-rated.
Here are a few of the many local entities that the FALCON Club assists or provides sponsorship to in any given year.
- The Annual Football Sports Banquet
- The Area High School Football Player of the Week
- The Pop Warner Football League
- Charlottesville Albemarle Youth Football League
- The Hugh Bingler Baseball Scholarship
- Central Little League Baseball
- Girls Fast Pitch Softball
- Camp Holiday Trails
- The Boys & Girls Club
- Area III Special Olympics
- All Night Long
- Young Life
- Piedmont Little League Baseball
- High School Lacrosse
- Scottsville Organization for Kids in Sports
- The Boy Scouts of America
- The Santa Fund
- Blue Ridge Ice Hockey
- Albemarle High School
- Charlottesville High School
- The Covenant School
- Moticello High School
- St. Anne’s Belfield School
- Western Albemarle High School
- The Lane Babe Ruth League
- The Toy Lift
- – and many others upon request-